Yorkshire Day is a celebration of all things Yorkshire, and it is marked on the first Monday in August each year. This year, Yorkshire Day falls on August 1, 2023.
There are many ways to celebrate Yorkshire Day, from attending local events to simply enjoying some of the county’s many attractions. Here are a few ideas:
- Attend a local event. There are many events taking place across Yorkshire on Yorkshire Day, including festivals, parades, and concerts. You can find a list of events on the Yorkshire Day website.
- Visit a Yorkshire landmark. Yorkshire is home to many iconic landmarks, such as York Minster, the Yorkshire Dales, and the Peak District. Visiting one of these landmarks is a great way to celebrate Yorkshire Day.
- Enjoy some Yorkshire food and drink. Yorkshire is known for its delicious food and drink, so why not enjoy some of it on Yorkshire Day? You could try a traditional Yorkshire pudding, a pint of Yorkshire ale, or a slice of Parkin.
- Wear something yellow. The color yellow is associated with Yorkshire, so why not wear something yellow on Yorkshire Day? This could be a yellow shirt, a yellow scarf, or even just a yellow ribbon.
No matter how you choose to celebrate, Yorkshire Day is a great opportunity to come together and celebrate all things Yorkshire. So get out there and enjoy the festivities!
Here are some other events taking place on Yorkshire Day 2023:
- Yorkshire Day Parade in Leeds. This parade will take place in Leeds city center and will feature floats, marching bands, and other performers.
- Yorkshire Day Festival in Sheffield. This festival will take place in Sheffield city center and will feature live music, food stalls, and children’s activities.
- Yorkshire Day Picnic in the Dales. This picnic will take place in the Yorkshire Dales and will feature stunning views, delicious food, and plenty of family fun.
I hope you have a wonderful Yorkshire Day!