WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps in the world, with over 2 billion active users. But even though it’s a secure app, there have been cases of WhatsApp hacks. In fact, a recent report found that over 100 million WhatsApp accounts were hacked in 2022.
So, what can you do to keep your WhatsApp account safe? Here are 3 settings you need to change immediately:
- Two-step verification. This is one of the most important security features on WhatsApp. It adds an extra layer of protection by requiring you to enter a code from your phone every time you log in to WhatsApp from a new device.
- App lock. This setting allows you to lock WhatsApp with a PIN or fingerprint. This will prevent unauthorized people from accessing your messages if they pick up your phone.
- Privacy settings. Make sure you’ve set your privacy settings to only allow people you know to see your profile picture, status, and last seen. You can also choose to hide your profile picture and status from everyone.
By changing these settings, you can help to keep your WhatsApp account safe from hackers.
Here are some additional tips to keep your WhatsApp account secure:
- Be careful about what links you click on. If you receive a link in a WhatsApp message, make sure you’re sure it’s from a legitimate source before clicking on it. Hackers often send links that look like they’re from legitimate websites, but they’re actually malicious links that can infect your device with malware.
- Keep your app up to date. WhatsApp is constantly releasing security updates, so it’s important to keep your app up to date to ensure you have the latest security patches.
- Be aware of phishing scams. Phishing scams are a common way for hackers to steal personal information. If you receive an email or message that asks for your personal information, such as your password or credit card number, be very careful before providing it.
By following these tips, you can help to keep your WhatsApp account safe from hackers.