Scam 2003: The Telgi Story is a new web series on SonyLIV that tells the story of Abdul Karim Telgi, the man who masterminded the largest stamp paper scam in Indian history. The series is directed by Tushar Hiranandani and stars Gagan Dev Riar as Telgi.
The series begins with Telgi’s humble beginnings as a fruit seller in a small town in Karnataka. He is a hustler and a dreamer, and he sees the stamp paper business as an opportunity to make a quick buck. He starts by counterfeiting a few stamps, but he soon realizes that there is a huge demand for fake stamps. He sets up a counterfeiting operation and begins to print millions of fake stamps.
Telgi’s scam soon takes off, and he becomes one of the richest men in India. He uses his money to buy property, cars, and airplanes. He also uses his money to bribe politicians and officials. However, his luck eventually runs out, and he is arrested in 2003.
Scam 2003: The Telgi Story is a well-made and engaging series. The performances are top-notch, and the story is told in a suspenseful and thrilling way. The series does a good job of exploring the psychology of Telgi and the factors that led him to commit such a massive fraud.
One of the things that makes Scam 2003: The Telgi Story so interesting is that it is based on a true story. This gives the series a sense of realism that is often lacking in other crime dramas. The series also does a good job of depicting the corruption that was rampant in India at the time of the scam.
Overall, Scam 2003: The Telgi Story is a well-made and entertaining series that tells the story of one of the most notorious criminals in Indian history. The series is a must-watch for fans of crime dramas and true crime stories.
Here are some of the things that critics have said about the series:
- “A gripping and suspenseful drama that tells the story of one of India’s biggest financial scandals.” – The Indian Express
- “A well-made and engaging series that is sure to keep you hooked.” – The Hindu
- “A must-watch for fans of crime dramas and true crime stories.” – NDTV
- “A powerful and thought-provoking series that sheds light on the dark side of human nature.” – The Times of India
Here are some of the things that viewers have said about the series:
- “I couldn’t stop watching! It was so suspenseful and well-made.”
- “I learned so much about the stamp paper scam. It was really eye-opening.”
- “Gagan Dev Riar was amazing as Telgi. He really brought the character to life.”
- “I loved the way the series explored the psychology of Telgi. It was really fascinating.”
- “This is one of the best crime dramas I’ve ever seen. It’s definitely worth a watch.”
If you’re looking for a gripping and suspenseful crime drama, then I highly recommend Scam 2003: The Telgi Story. It’s a well-made and engaging series that is sure to keep you hooked.