A power outage has left over 2,000 people without power in D’Iberville and Orange Grove, Mississippi. The outage began at around 10:00 AM this morning, and the cause is still under investigation.
The outage has affected homes, businesses, and schools in the area. Power crews are working to restore power, but it is not clear when it will be back on. In the meantime, residents are advised to stay safe and to use caution if they are using generators or other alternative sources of power.
Here are some additional details about the outage:
- The outage was caused by a downed power line.
- The outage affected homes and businesses in the areas of Sangani Boulevard, Oak Street, and East Division Street in D’Iberville.
- The outage also affected homes and businesses in the areas of Hwy 90 and Highway 60 in Orange Grove.
- Power crews are working to restore power, but it is not clear when it will be back on.
Residents who are affected by the outage are advised to:
- Stay safe and stay indoors if possible.
- Use caution if they are using generators or other alternative sources of power.
- Check on their neighbors, especially the elderly and those with disabilities.
- Report any downed power lines to their utility company.
The outage is a reminder of the importance of being prepared for power outages.
Residents should have a plan in place in case of a power outage, including a way to stay informed about the outage and a way to stay safe.
They should also have a supply of food, water, and other essentials on hand in case of a prolonged outage.