Los Gatos, CA – Netflix is set to release its first original film in Kurdish. The film, titled “Seba”, is a coming-of-age story about a young Kurdish girl who dreams of becoming a singer.
“Seba” is directed by Karzan Kader, who is known for his work on the films “Theeb” and “Mosul”. The film stars Berfin Bahar as Seba, alongside a cast of Kurdish actors.
“Seba” is a story about hope and resilience,” said Kader. “It is a film about a young girl who refuses to let her dreams be crushed by the challenges she faces.”
“Seba” is set to be released on Netflix on August 12, 2023. It is the first film in a series of original Kurdish-language films that Netflix is planning to produce.
This is rare entertainment news because it is not often reported in the media. However, it is important to highlight the work of Kurdish filmmakers and to give them a platform to share their stories.
Here are some other details about the film:
- The film is set in the Kurdish region of Iraq.
- The film is about 90 minutes long.
- The film is in the Kurdish language, with subtitles in English.
- The film is directed by Karzan Kader and written by Karzan Kader and Mustafa Al-Khafaji.
- The film stars Berfin Bahar, Aram Ebrahimi, and Hiwa Ahmed.