The long-awaited sequel to the 2007 post-apocalyptic thriller I Am Legend is finally moving forward, with Will Smith set to reprise his role as Robert Neville.
The sequel, which is tentatively titled I Am Legend 2, will be directed by Francis Lawrence, who helmed the first film. Akiva Goldsman, who wrote the screenplay for the original, is also returning to pen the sequel.
The plot of I Am Legend 2 is still under wraps, but it is said to pick up several years after the events of the first film. Neville is now living in a new community of survivors, but they are soon forced to face a new threat.
Smith is also producing I Am Legend 2 alongside Michael B. Jordan, who is in negotiations to join the cast in an undisclosed role.
The film is currently in development at Warner Bros., and it is slated to begin production in 2024. An official release date has not yet been announced, but the film is expected to hit theaters in 2025.
Here are some more details about I Am Legend 2:
- The film will be set several years after the events of the first film.
- Neville is now living in a new community of survivors.
- The survivors are soon forced to face a new threat.
- Smith is producing the film alongside Michael B. Jordan.
- The film is slated to begin production in 2024.
- An official release date has not yet been announced.
I Am Legend 2 is sure to be a highly anticipated film, and fans of the original are eagerly awaiting more details. Stay tuned for updates!