The crash occurred when two trains collided head-on near the city of Faisalabad. The trains were reportedly carrying a total of 1,200 passengers.
The cause of the crash is still under investigation, but it is believed that one of the trains may have been trying to overtake the other when the collision occurred.
The death toll is expected to rise as rescue workers continue to search the wreckage.
The crash is the latest in a series of train accidents in Pakistan. In 2021, there were at least 10 train accidents in the country, resulting in the deaths of over 100 people.
The government has been criticized for its failure to improve safety standards on the country’s railways.
Here are some additional details about the crash:
- The crash occurred at around 11:00 a.m. local time.
- The trains were the Millat Express and the Sir Syed Express.
- The crash site is located near the town of Liaqatpur.
- The rescue operation is being led by the Pakistan Railway Police.
- The death toll is expected to rise as rescue workers continue to search the wreckage.
The crash is a tragedy, and our thoughts are with the victims and their families. We hope that the rescue operation is successful and that the injured make a full recovery.thumb_upthumb_downshareGoogle it